`Computerised draw for houses in Gujarat will ensure transparency`
Vadodara: A computerised draw for allotment of houses will eliminate middlemen and ensure transparency in the process, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel said here on Saturday.
"In the past, middlemen used to syphon off benefits intended for poor. I hope that the computerised draw system would keep them at bay," Patel said here.
She presided over a function to mark computerised allotment of houses by the Gujarat Housing Board (GHB).
The draw was held for 772 houses to be constructed in the city, under `Mukhyamantri Gruh Yojana`.
"Since 2012 when the then chief minister Narendra Modi announced building of 50 lakh houses for the urban and rural poor, the state government has already built 2 lakh houses and allotted them to beneficiaries. Another 40,000 to 50,000 houses are in various stages of completion while government plans to build 3 to 4 lakh houses every year," she said.
The Chief Minister also said that the government will provide quality infrastructural facilities near housing sites in a transparent and expeditious manner.
"Apart from providing houses to the poor, the government is also determined to provide them education with a view to create a prosperous society," Patel said.
Patel also said that the state government has already approved more than 150 town planning schemes with an aim to make the state free of slums. "These houses are to be built for different categories of people as per their annual income," she added.
The Chief Minister said that government will build homes for the economically weaker sections and also help people get loans for their homes. "It is our aim to provide affordable homes to everybody," she added.
Meanwhile, State Housing Commissioner Mona Khandhar said that the computerised draw was held for 772 beneficiaries belonging to (Low Income Group) LIG- 1, LIG- 2 and (iddle Income Group) MIG-1 categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'