`Computerised draw for houses in Gujarat will ensure transparency`
Vadodara: A computerised draw for allotment of houses will eliminate middlemen and ensure transparency in the process, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel said here on Saturday.
"In the past, middlemen used to syphon off benefits intended for poor. I hope that the computerised draw system would keep them at bay," Patel said here.
She presided over a function to mark computerised allotment of houses by the Gujarat Housing Board (GHB).
The draw was held for 772 houses to be constructed in the city, under `Mukhyamantri Gruh Yojana`.
"Since 2012 when the then chief minister Narendra Modi announced building of 50 lakh houses for the urban and rural poor, the state government has already built 2 lakh houses and allotted them to beneficiaries. Another 40,000 to 50,000 houses are in various stages of completion while government plans to build 3 to 4 lakh houses every year," she said.
The Chief Minister also said that the government will provide quality infrastructural facilities near housing sites in a transparent and expeditious manner.
"Apart from providing houses to the poor, the government is also determined to provide them education with a view to create a prosperous society," Patel said.
Patel also said that the state government has already approved more than 150 town planning schemes with an aim to make the state free of slums. "These houses are to be built for different categories of people as per their annual income," she added.
The Chief Minister said that government will build homes for the economically weaker sections and also help people get loans for their homes. "It is our aim to provide affordable homes to everybody," she added.
Meanwhile, State Housing Commissioner Mona Khandhar said that the computerised draw was held for 772 beneficiaries belonging to (Low Income Group) LIG- 1, LIG- 2 and (iddle Income Group) MIG-1 categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint