Cong alleges misuse of govt machinery for campaign by Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress, in a representation to the Election Commission on Saturday, alleged that Narendra Modi government was misusing the state machinery for the Assembly elections campaign.
Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia led a Congress delegation to the state EC office.
The main opposition party also alleged that principal secretary to the Chief Minister, K Kailashnathan, was furthering Modi`s political agenda.
Modhwadia alleged in a memorandum to Chief Electoral Officer Anita Karwal that the government, through Kailashnathan, had arranged broadcast of Modi`s speech to anganwadi workers throughout the state by video conference today, and there was a plan to order the workers to join the Yuva Vikas Yatra (Modi`s campaign) in this programme.
He demanded that EC should transfer Kailashnathan out of the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO) and outside Gujarat.
Modhwadia later told reporters that Karwal directed the district collectors to stop the anganwadi workers` programme, scheduled today.
"Those IAS officers who are taking political sides should remember what has happened to police officers who were close to Modi. Most of them are in jail now. If these officials will not change their behaviour they would also end up in jail," the Congress leader warned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB