Cong alleges misuse of govt machinery for campaign by Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress, in a representation to the Election Commission on Saturday, alleged that Narendra Modi government was misusing the state machinery for the Assembly elections campaign.
Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia led a Congress delegation to the state EC office.
The main opposition party also alleged that principal secretary to the Chief Minister, K Kailashnathan, was furthering Modi`s political agenda.
Modhwadia alleged in a memorandum to Chief Electoral Officer Anita Karwal that the government, through Kailashnathan, had arranged broadcast of Modi`s speech to anganwadi workers throughout the state by video conference today, and there was a plan to order the workers to join the Yuva Vikas Yatra (Modi`s campaign) in this programme.
He demanded that EC should transfer Kailashnathan out of the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO) and outside Gujarat.
Modhwadia later told reporters that Karwal directed the district collectors to stop the anganwadi workers` programme, scheduled today.
"Those IAS officers who are taking political sides should remember what has happened to police officers who were close to Modi. Most of them are in jail now. If these officials will not change their behaviour they would also end up in jail," the Congress leader warned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what