Cong alleges misuse of govt machinery for campaign by Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress, in a representation to the Election Commission on Saturday, alleged that Narendra Modi government was misusing the state machinery for the Assembly elections campaign.
Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia led a Congress delegation to the state EC office.
The main opposition party also alleged that principal secretary to the Chief Minister, K Kailashnathan, was furthering Modi`s political agenda.
Modhwadia alleged in a memorandum to Chief Electoral Officer Anita Karwal that the government, through Kailashnathan, had arranged broadcast of Modi`s speech to anganwadi workers throughout the state by video conference today, and there was a plan to order the workers to join the Yuva Vikas Yatra (Modi`s campaign) in this programme.
He demanded that EC should transfer Kailashnathan out of the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO) and outside Gujarat.
Modhwadia later told reporters that Karwal directed the district collectors to stop the anganwadi workers` programme, scheduled today.
"Those IAS officers who are taking political sides should remember what has happened to police officers who were close to Modi. Most of them are in jail now. If these officials will not change their behaviour they would also end up in jail," the Congress leader warned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared