Cong backstabbing nation: Modi on Shinde`s remark
Ambaji: Targetting Congress over Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s remarks on coal scam, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said that the party was "backstabbing the nation and should be punished for its deeds".
"See, how this Congress is stabbing in the back of our nation. Shouldn`t they be punished for it?" Modi said quoting Shinde`s remarks that the coal issue would soon fade away from public memory as happened in case of Bofors.
"A Congress minister made a statement that don`t worry about the brouhaha over coalgate (coal block allocation scam), people will forget it as they had forgotten Bofors," Modi said urging people to "punish" Congress for its "deeds".
Earlier in the day, Modi paid obeisance to Goddess Amba here seeking blessings on his 62nd birthday.
Expressing confidence that BJP would win the upcoming assembly polls in Gujarat, Modi said that from 201 3he would embark on the path of creating `Glorious Gujarat`.
BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, who was present on the occasion, praised the Modi-led BJP government for "taking Gujarat to new heights of development".
Gadkari slammed the Congress-led UPA government and accused them of "misusing CBI for vested political interest".
"Today UPA has only one trusted ally and that is CBI. It is misusing CBI to tame whosoever goes against them by creating or threatening them with a CBI inquiry or case," he alleged.
"Congress has misused the CBI and framed cases against so many innocent people. This party is responsible for spreading communal venom," Gadkari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video