Cong can`t win by misusing institutions: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Thursday said Congress should stop "misusing" constitutional institutions such as CBI.
"Congress should see the clear writing on the wall. You will not succeed in capturing the country by misusing CBI. Stop misusing constitutional institutions like CBI," Modi said at a function, where a large group of Youth Congress and NSUI workers joined BJP.
"Today people have lost faith in Delhi....In coming days we have by-elections in the state and next year there will be general elections. Congress will pay the price for its misdeeds then," he said.
Bye-elections to four Assembly and two Lok Sabha seats in the state would be held on June 2.
"I am warning you. Stop harassing your opponents by threatening to put them behind bars. You may have the power to harass, but we have ability to sustain such harassment," Modi said.
To the new entrants, he said, "I can imagine your grief when you have to leave a party for which you have toiled.... let me assure you that BJP is not a party only for membership, it is also a party of relationship....This (workers quitting) is a slap on the face of Congress."
Recently one of the national delegates of National Students` Union of India (NSUI), Hardik Dodia, was suspended from the organisation for alleged anti-party activities.
Dodia, along with other Youth Congress and NSUI workers quit Congress and today 65 office bearers of Youth congress, NSUI and other student organisations were called to the stage where Modi congratulated them on entering BJP. BJP leader Narhari Amin - a former Congressman - claimed that 5,000 NSUI and Youth Congress workers joined BJP today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?