Cong demands white paper on Sadbhavna mission
Vadodara: Demanding White Paper on the
"Sadbhavna" movement to be kicked off from tomorrow by Gujarat
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Opposition Congress today
dubbed it as a "BJP affair" and asked the saffron party to
bear expenses for the same.
Modi is launching the "Sadbhavana" (goodwill) movement
from tomorrow by observing a one-day fast in Dwarka town in
coastal Jamnagar district in a bid to strengthen harmony and
goodwill among people.
"It is a party programme of BJP and not official
programme of the Gujarat Government. Had it been an official
programme of the state government, the Congress party leaders`
names would have been printed on the invitation cards printed
and distributed," Shaktisinh Gohil, Leader of the Opposition
in Gujarat Assembly told reporters today.
The cards neither mention name of any Congress party
leader nor any official invitation has been extended in this
regard, said Gohil.
"So, it is a party programme of BJP and it should bear
all expenditure for it," Gohil said on the sidelines of a
convention organised for tribals by the Gujarat Pradesh
Congress Committee (GPCC) here.
The GPCC demanded that the "white paper" should also
detail about the expenditure incurred during the three-day
fast observed by Modi last month in Ahmedabad besides the
Hitting out at the state government, GPCC president
Arjun Modhwadiya alleged that the government machinery,
including state transport buses and public money has been
"brazenly misused" for the sadbhavana mission.
"We demand a white paper on this sadbhavana movement
and government (should) make public all expenditure incurred
on it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says