Cong leaders detained in Amreli during Modi`s prog
Ahmedabad: Senior Congress leaders including
MLA Bavku Undhad were today detained by the police in Amreli
district during a protest march against a state government
sponsored programme in which Chief Minister Narendra Modi and
other ministers were present.
Police later released the detained leaders including
Undhad, former MP Virji Thummar, Amreli Congress president
Thakershi Metalia and over two dozen Congress workers after
the programme was over.
A police official from Amreli said the Congress leaders
were detained as they tried to create law and order problem at
the Chief Minister`s programme.
However, state Congress president Sidhdharth Patel hit
out at the district administration for detaining the workers
and alleged that the state government was trying to gag the
voice of opposition party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state