Cong leaders detained in Amreli during Modi`s prog
Ahmedabad: Senior Congress leaders including
MLA Bavku Undhad were today detained by the police in Amreli
district during a protest march against a state government
sponsored programme in which Chief Minister Narendra Modi and
other ministers were present.
Police later released the detained leaders including
Undhad, former MP Virji Thummar, Amreli Congress president
Thakershi Metalia and over two dozen Congress workers after
the programme was over.
A police official from Amreli said the Congress leaders
were detained as they tried to create law and order problem at
the Chief Minister`s programme.
However, state Congress president Sidhdharth Patel hit
out at the district administration for detaining the workers
and alleged that the state government was trying to gag the
voice of opposition party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...