Cong leaders detained in Amreli during Modi`s prog
Ahmedabad: Senior Congress leaders including
MLA Bavku Undhad were today detained by the police in Amreli
district during a protest march against a state government
sponsored programme in which Chief Minister Narendra Modi and
other ministers were present.
Police later released the detained leaders including
Undhad, former MP Virji Thummar, Amreli Congress president
Thakershi Metalia and over two dozen Congress workers after
the programme was over.
A police official from Amreli said the Congress leaders
were detained as they tried to create law and order problem at
the Chief Minister`s programme.
However, state Congress president Sidhdharth Patel hit
out at the district administration for detaining the workers
and alleged that the state government was trying to gag the
voice of opposition party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what