Cong leaders target Modi for his advice to PM on management
Vadodara: Two former chiefs of Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) on Tuesday criticised chief minister Narendra Modi for his advice to PM Manmohan singh to follow the state government`s development model to improve the management of the country.
Former GPCC presidents Bharatsinh Solanki and Siddharth Patel, who were in the city today were talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Modi had said yesterday in the presence of Senior BJP leader LK Advani during the inauguration of state level Vivekananda chess tournament held in Gandhinagar that Gujarat`s development model should be followed if the Prime Minister wanted to improve country`s management.
"Modi should look into the over all conditions in the state, where only big corporate houses are benefitted at the cost of poor people. What sort of development is this, as people are unhappy with his ten years of rule," Solanki said.
"What sort of management Modi is talks about when twelve farmers from Saurashtra and two farmers from Vadodara and Panchmahal committed suicide due to crop failure as a result of deficient rainfall," he said.
Patel demanded that Modi should announce financial help of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of these farmers and provide jobs to them.
"As far as Gujarat`s health index is concerened, the 0 state stands at the bottom 31 states and union territories in the country, where only a sum of Rs 270 per person is spent in the Gujarat state compared to more than Rs 1,600 per person in Mizoram, Rs 1,400 per person in Sikkim," he said.
"All this reflects the poor performance of Modi government in the management of health sector," Patel said.
They also questioned the affordable housing scheme of Gujarat government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes