Cong leaders target Modi for his advice to PM on management
Vadodara: Two former chiefs of Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) on Tuesday criticised chief minister Narendra Modi for his advice to PM Manmohan singh to follow the state government`s development model to improve the management of the country.
Former GPCC presidents Bharatsinh Solanki and Siddharth Patel, who were in the city today were talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Modi had said yesterday in the presence of Senior BJP leader LK Advani during the inauguration of state level Vivekananda chess tournament held in Gandhinagar that Gujarat`s development model should be followed if the Prime Minister wanted to improve country`s management.
"Modi should look into the over all conditions in the state, where only big corporate houses are benefitted at the cost of poor people. What sort of development is this, as people are unhappy with his ten years of rule," Solanki said.
"What sort of management Modi is talks about when twelve farmers from Saurashtra and two farmers from Vadodara and Panchmahal committed suicide due to crop failure as a result of deficient rainfall," he said.
Patel demanded that Modi should announce financial help of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of these farmers and provide jobs to them.
"As far as Gujarat`s health index is concerened, the 0 state stands at the bottom 31 states and union territories in the country, where only a sum of Rs 270 per person is spent in the Gujarat state compared to more than Rs 1,600 per person in Mizoram, Rs 1,400 per person in Sikkim," he said.
"All this reflects the poor performance of Modi government in the management of health sector," Patel said.
They also questioned the affordable housing scheme of Gujarat government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'