Cong leaders target Modi for his advice to PM on management
Vadodara: Two former chiefs of Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) on Tuesday criticised chief minister Narendra Modi for his advice to PM Manmohan singh to follow the state government`s development model to improve the management of the country.
Former GPCC presidents Bharatsinh Solanki and Siddharth Patel, who were in the city today were talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Modi had said yesterday in the presence of Senior BJP leader LK Advani during the inauguration of state level Vivekananda chess tournament held in Gandhinagar that Gujarat`s development model should be followed if the Prime Minister wanted to improve country`s management.
"Modi should look into the over all conditions in the state, where only big corporate houses are benefitted at the cost of poor people. What sort of development is this, as people are unhappy with his ten years of rule," Solanki said.
"What sort of management Modi is talks about when twelve farmers from Saurashtra and two farmers from Vadodara and Panchmahal committed suicide due to crop failure as a result of deficient rainfall," he said.
Patel demanded that Modi should announce financial help of Rs 10 lakh each to the kin of these farmers and provide jobs to them.
"As far as Gujarat`s health index is concerened, the 0 state stands at the bottom 31 states and union territories in the country, where only a sum of Rs 270 per person is spent in the Gujarat state compared to more than Rs 1,600 per person in Mizoram, Rs 1,400 per person in Sikkim," he said.
"All this reflects the poor performance of Modi government in the management of health sector," Patel said.
They also questioned the affordable housing scheme of Gujarat government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing