Cong MLA`s question on minority students` scholarship omitted
Ahmedabad: A Congress MLA on Wednesday alleged that
his question on Union government`s scholarship to pre-matric
minority students was omitted from the list of questions in
the state Assembly as the Gujarat government did not want
upliftment of the minority communities.
Congress MLA from Shahpur, Gyasuddin Sheikh`s question on
utilisation of funds under Union government`s scholarship to
pre-matric minority students was dropped at the last moment
from the list of questions in the Assembly yesterday.
"The government does not want betterment of the minority
community in the state," Sheikh alleged.
He said that on one hand the state government was saying
that minority community in Gujarat was progressing, "while on
the other hand it hides the details of the central funds
received by the state for scholarships for minority students".
Sheikh further alleged that the minority students in the
state were denied the benefit of Rs 9.82 crore under the
scholarship scheme, as the entire sum was returned to the
Saying that only the MLA who has asked a question can
withdraw it, he alleged that he had received no intimation
about omission of his question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof