Cong MLA`s question on minority students` scholarship omitted
Ahmedabad: A Congress MLA on Wednesday alleged that
his question on Union government`s scholarship to pre-matric
minority students was omitted from the list of questions in
the state Assembly as the Gujarat government did not want
upliftment of the minority communities.
Congress MLA from Shahpur, Gyasuddin Sheikh`s question on
utilisation of funds under Union government`s scholarship to
pre-matric minority students was dropped at the last moment
from the list of questions in the Assembly yesterday.
"The government does not want betterment of the minority
community in the state," Sheikh alleged.
He said that on one hand the state government was saying
that minority community in Gujarat was progressing, "while on
the other hand it hides the details of the central funds
received by the state for scholarships for minority students".
Sheikh further alleged that the minority students in the
state were denied the benefit of Rs 9.82 crore under the
scholarship scheme, as the entire sum was returned to the
Saying that only the MLA who has asked a question can
withdraw it, he alleged that he had received no intimation
about omission of his question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday