Cong MPs walk out of meeting convened by Modi
Ahmedabad: Congress MPs from Gujarat today
walked out of a meeting convened here by Chief Minister
Narendra Modi to discuss state-related issues pending before
the Centre ahead of the Budget session of Parliament.
The BJP government had called a meeting of all MPs and
Union Ministers from Gujarat to discuss the state`s issues
pending before the various Central departments and ministries.
However, according to a senior Congress MP, Modi tried to
set the agenda against the Centre which they opposed.
"When the meeting began, Modi tried to convey the
impression that the Centre is neglecting the Gujarat`s issues
that are pending for long," Patan MP Jagdish Thakor said,
adding his party`s MPs opposed this move and left the meet.
"Our senior MP and Union Minister Dinsha Patel told CM to
discuss specific issues rather than talking vaguely and
indulging in bashing the Central government," Thakor said.
Every time the chief minister blames the Centre in order
to politicise the issues, he said.
"We told the chief minister and the state government
officials that all MPs will make representation regarding the
real issues which are pending with the Centre. But politics
should be kept out of it," Thakor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!