Cong objects to shoot of Gujarat development campaign
Vadodara: Former Union Minister and Congress candidate from Chhota Udepur, Naranbhai Rathwa, has approached the Election Commission taking objection to the shooting of Gujarat Tourism Development Corporation`s campaign involving megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
The shooting for `Khushboo Gujarat Ki` campaign is to start at Champaner-Pavagadh from tomorrow.
Rathwa alleged that Narendra Modi-led Gujarat government was trying to take advantage of the Bollywood actor`s celebrity status to influence the voters in the area.
Narendra Rawat, Vadodara Congress chief, too had raised this issue two days ago.
Rawat had written to both Chief Electoral Officer of the state Anita Karwal and the Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath in this regard.
It would violate the model code of conduct, he had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you