Cong politicizing legal process in Gujarat: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday hit back at Congress for
its comments against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on
the arrest of IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, alleging the party is
politicising a legal process due to its "frustration" caused
by its political "failure" in state.
"These comments show the frustration within Congress.
Bhatt was arrested on the complaint of a junior officer. This
is a legal process and Congress is politicising it," BJP
spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
Congress had alleged the Modi government is acting in an
"arbitrary, high-handed and vindictive manner" in the Bhatt
case. It also said BJP was "harassing state apparatus".
"Congress has been losing the political battle for the
last 15 years. First, it tried to take on the Modi government
through NGOs, then the Governor and now through police
officers," the BJP said.
The party insisted one should get to the bottom of
the whole issue and then arrive at a conclusion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city