Cong politicizing legal process in Gujarat: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday hit back at Congress for
its comments against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on
the arrest of IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, alleging the party is
politicising a legal process due to its "frustration" caused
by its political "failure" in state.
"These comments show the frustration within Congress.
Bhatt was arrested on the complaint of a junior officer. This
is a legal process and Congress is politicising it," BJP
spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
Congress had alleged the Modi government is acting in an
"arbitrary, high-handed and vindictive manner" in the Bhatt
case. It also said BJP was "harassing state apparatus".
"Congress has been losing the political battle for the
last 15 years. First, it tried to take on the Modi government
through NGOs, then the Governor and now through police
officers," the BJP said.
The party insisted one should get to the bottom of
the whole issue and then arrive at a conclusion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?