Cong politicizing legal process in Gujarat: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday hit back at Congress for
its comments against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on
the arrest of IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, alleging the party is
politicising a legal process due to its "frustration" caused
by its political "failure" in state.
"These comments show the frustration within Congress.
Bhatt was arrested on the complaint of a junior officer. This
is a legal process and Congress is politicising it," BJP
spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
Congress had alleged the Modi government is acting in an
"arbitrary, high-handed and vindictive manner" in the Bhatt
case. It also said BJP was "harassing state apparatus".
"Congress has been losing the political battle for the
last 15 years. First, it tried to take on the Modi government
through NGOs, then the Governor and now through police
officers," the BJP said.
The party insisted one should get to the bottom of
the whole issue and then arrive at a conclusion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security