Cong questions BJP`s silence on Guj CAG report
New Delhi: Seeking to turn the tables on BJP
which had stalled Parliament on 2G issue, Congress today
questioned its "deafening silence" on the CAG report in
Narendra Modi-run Gujarat which spoke of huge loss to state
"BJP had wiped out an entire session of Parliament (on the
CAG report on 2G issue).... Here the fundamental question is
why deafening silence of the BJP central leadership on the
findings of the CAG report presented in Gujarat Assembly",
party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
Recalling that the Modi Government was forced to table
the report under the orders of the state governor, he alleged
that the BJP government there violated all established norms
for tabling the report and even suspended the entire
from the House.
The CAG report pulled up a Gujarat government company,
GSPC, for extending undue benefits to Adani Energy and Essar
Taking a dig at the BJP, he said that if the party did
not believe in the findings of the CAG report showing a loss
of some Rs 17000 crore to GSPC, why it was not saying so.
"You cannot have one standard in Delhi and another in
BJP-ruled state," he told the opposition party.
With Assembly elections in Gujarat on the horizon, the
Congress is seeking to make big political capital out of the
CAG report, alleging that corruption was at its worst under
Narendra Modi`s rule.
"It is open loot in Gujarat. The whole treasury is being
looted by few industrialists. The CAG report shows a loss of
Rs16,707 crore," Gujarat PCC chief and Leader of Opposition
Shaktisinh Gohil had said here recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark