Cong questions BJP`s silence on Guj CAG report
New Delhi: Seeking to turn the tables on BJP
which had stalled Parliament on 2G issue, Congress today
questioned its "deafening silence" on the CAG report in
Narendra Modi-run Gujarat which spoke of huge loss to state
"BJP had wiped out an entire session of Parliament (on the
CAG report on 2G issue).... Here the fundamental question is
why deafening silence of the BJP central leadership on the
findings of the CAG report presented in Gujarat Assembly",
party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
Recalling that the Modi Government was forced to table
the report under the orders of the state governor, he alleged
that the BJP government there violated all established norms
for tabling the report and even suspended the entire
from the House.
The CAG report pulled up a Gujarat government company,
GSPC, for extending undue benefits to Adani Energy and Essar
Taking a dig at the BJP, he said that if the party did
not believe in the findings of the CAG report showing a loss
of some Rs 17000 crore to GSPC, why it was not saying so.
"You cannot have one standard in Delhi and another in
BJP-ruled state," he told the opposition party.
With Assembly elections in Gujarat on the horizon, the
Congress is seeking to make big political capital out of the
CAG report, alleging that corruption was at its worst under
Narendra Modi`s rule.
"It is open loot in Gujarat. The whole treasury is being
looted by few industrialists. The CAG report shows a loss of
Rs16,707 crore," Gujarat PCC chief and Leader of Opposition
Shaktisinh Gohil had said here recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!