Cong re-nominates Rashtrapal for RS from Gujarat
Gandhinagar: Rajya Sabha member Pravin
Rashtrapal, who has been re-nominated by the Congress from
Gujarat for the biennial elections to the Upper House, on Monday
filed his nomination papers here.
Rashtrapal, a Dalit community member, is seeking a second
term and filed his papers in presence of GPCC president Arjun
Modhvadia and CLP leader Shaktisinh Gohil.
"My priority will be to get more for Gujarat from the
planning and finance commission. We are also concerned about
electricity and water which the farmers are not getting here,"
Rashtrapal said after filing his papers.
"Another priority will be to make sure that work on
Narmada canals, be completed at the earliest on Sardar Sarovar
Dam. Also, we would push to declare Sardar Sarovar project as
a national project," he said.
Taking a dig at Arun Jaitely, he said, "the senior BJP
leader should answer as to in the last 12 years how many times
he has raised the issues of Gujarat in Rajya Sabha. Jaitely
did not raise his voice during ban on cotton export," he said.
Jaitley is seeking a third term to the RS this time.
"Electricity, water, road and recognition of agriculture
as industry will be our priority and Centre and state should
work together to resolve these issues," Rashtrapal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week