Cong re-nominates Rashtrapal for RS from Gujarat
Gandhinagar: Rajya Sabha member Pravin
Rashtrapal, who has been re-nominated by the Congress from
Gujarat for the biennial elections to the Upper House, on Monday
filed his nomination papers here.
Rashtrapal, a Dalit community member, is seeking a second
term and filed his papers in presence of GPCC president Arjun
Modhvadia and CLP leader Shaktisinh Gohil.
"My priority will be to get more for Gujarat from the
planning and finance commission. We are also concerned about
electricity and water which the farmers are not getting here,"
Rashtrapal said after filing his papers.
"Another priority will be to make sure that work on
Narmada canals, be completed at the earliest on Sardar Sarovar
Dam. Also, we would push to declare Sardar Sarovar project as
a national project," he said.
Taking a dig at Arun Jaitely, he said, "the senior BJP
leader should answer as to in the last 12 years how many times
he has raised the issues of Gujarat in Rajya Sabha. Jaitely
did not raise his voice during ban on cotton export," he said.
Jaitley is seeking a third term to the RS this time.
"Electricity, water, road and recognition of agriculture
as industry will be our priority and Centre and state should
work together to resolve these issues," Rashtrapal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees