Cong re-nominates Rashtrapal for RS from Gujarat
Gandhinagar: Rajya Sabha member Pravin
Rashtrapal, who has been re-nominated by the Congress from
Gujarat for the biennial elections to the Upper House, on Monday
filed his nomination papers here.
Rashtrapal, a Dalit community member, is seeking a second
term and filed his papers in presence of GPCC president Arjun
Modhvadia and CLP leader Shaktisinh Gohil.
"My priority will be to get more for Gujarat from the
planning and finance commission. We are also concerned about
electricity and water which the farmers are not getting here,"
Rashtrapal said after filing his papers.
"Another priority will be to make sure that work on
Narmada canals, be completed at the earliest on Sardar Sarovar
Dam. Also, we would push to declare Sardar Sarovar project as
a national project," he said.
Taking a dig at Arun Jaitely, he said, "the senior BJP
leader should answer as to in the last 12 years how many times
he has raised the issues of Gujarat in Rajya Sabha. Jaitely
did not raise his voice during ban on cotton export," he said.
Jaitley is seeking a third term to the RS this time.
"Electricity, water, road and recognition of agriculture
as industry will be our priority and Centre and state should
work together to resolve these issues," Rashtrapal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016