Cong takes a dig at Modi over transfer of IPS officers
New Delhi: Congress on Monday questioned Narendra Modi government`s move to transfer as many as 68 senior police officers ahead of the Assembly polls and wondered if it was due to realisation of "impending defeat".
"This should not and cannot be seen as innocuous casual administrative set of transfers, it is very large, it is pointed, it is contextual and it has a clear method behind the madness, a method which needs to be exposed", party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He said either this "is a reflection of fear or it is a clear realisation of impending defeat" but it is clear that Modi in Gujarat is doing "very large scale advance planning because he is perhaps highly concerned about the election results.
"It seems to be a collective strategy to try to place Modi to be the right person at the right time. Whether that fear has been heightened by the recent loss in the by election," Singhvi asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'