Cong takes a dig at Modi over transfer of IPS officers
New Delhi: Congress on Monday questioned Narendra Modi government`s move to transfer as many as 68 senior police officers ahead of the Assembly polls and wondered if it was due to realisation of "impending defeat".
"This should not and cannot be seen as innocuous casual administrative set of transfers, it is very large, it is pointed, it is contextual and it has a clear method behind the madness, a method which needs to be exposed", party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
He said either this "is a reflection of fear or it is a clear realisation of impending defeat" but it is clear that Modi in Gujarat is doing "very large scale advance planning because he is perhaps highly concerned about the election results.
"It seems to be a collective strategy to try to place Modi to be the right person at the right time. Whether that fear has been heightened by the recent loss in the by election," Singhvi asked.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?