Cong to go for FDI in retail if voted to power in Guj assembly poll
Vadodara: Congress party will go for FDI in the retail sector in Gujarat if voted to power in the assembly election scheduled in December, AICC secretary and former president of Pradesh Congress Committee Siddharth Patel said on Monday.
Talking to reporters here, Patel said Gujart Chief Minister Narendra Modi was misguiding people by `spreading lies` that foreign investment in retail would hit small traders.
"When Congress comes to power in Gujarat after December poll, it will ensure that interests of those engaged in retail business are protected and nobody would become unemployed because of FDI in retail," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued