Cong wants VMC to slap penalties on illegal mobile towers
Vadodara: The opposition Congress party in
the Vadodara Municipal Corporation has pleaded with the civic authorities to slap penalties on companies for installing large number of mobile towers in the city illegally.
Talking to a news agency Friday, Chirag Zaveri, Congress leader
in VMC said "there are more than 600 mobile towers installed
in the city out of which only 31 are legally permitted."
The VMC could collect tax and penalty amount of Rs
5,000 to Rs 7,000 from each of them and can increase its
revenue considerably, Zaveri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!