Cong wants VMC to slap penalties on illegal mobile towers
Vadodara: The opposition Congress party in
the Vadodara Municipal Corporation has pleaded with the civic authorities to slap penalties on companies for installing large number of mobile towers in the city illegally.
Talking to a news agency Friday, Chirag Zaveri, Congress leader
in VMC said "there are more than 600 mobile towers installed
in the city out of which only 31 are legally permitted."
The VMC could collect tax and penalty amount of Rs
5,000 to Rs 7,000 from each of them and can increase its
revenue considerably, Zaveri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city