Cong wants VMC to slap penalties on illegal mobile towers
Vadodara: The opposition Congress party in
the Vadodara Municipal Corporation has pleaded with the civic authorities to slap penalties on companies for installing large number of mobile towers in the city illegally.
Talking to a news agency Friday, Chirag Zaveri, Congress leader
in VMC said "there are more than 600 mobile towers installed
in the city out of which only 31 are legally permitted."
The VMC could collect tax and penalty amount of Rs
5,000 to Rs 7,000 from each of them and can increase its
revenue considerably, Zaveri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash