Congress advertisement in Gujarat praises Modi!
Ahmedabad: In a possibly embarrassing gaffe, the main opposition Congress has praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in an advertisement in this election year.
A pull-out by Congress, distributed with newspapers on the Republic Day in some parts of the state, features Modi`s photograph, and describes him as "a master organiser and
astute election strategist".
The two-page advert tries to say that Gujarat has been a progressive state from its birth, and seeks to highlight contribution of all the Chief Minsters of the state, including
State assembly elections are scheduled to be held in December, and campaigning has almost begun. With yesterday`s pull-out, the opposition party seems to have committed a
The advert informs the readers that "a master organiser, his party`s topmost functionary and astute election strategist Shri Narendrabhai Modi became the Chief Minister of Gujarat on October 7 2001".
It then lists major achievements under Modi. "He has been trying very hard to convert Gujarat into a vibrant state, he has established separate department for biotechnology, and he has also been able to raise the height of Narmada dam from 11.64 mts to 121.92 mts.
"He has been organising Vibrant Gujarat investor summit every two years," it says, also taking note of Krishi Mohatsav, Navratri Mohatsav, Kite flying festival, Rannoustav,
Kakarai Carnival and drive for enrolment of students in schools, all Modi government initiatives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living