Congress already accepted defeat in Guj: BJP
Unai (Gujarat): As uncertainty prevails over whether Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi would campaign in Gujarat for the coming Assembly polls, BJP today said it showed that the Congress leadership in Delhi was resigned to the prospect of defeat.
"I have heard from senior journalists....Rahul Gandhi is not going to campaign in Gujarat elections," BJP women wing president and MP Smruti Irani said, addressing a gathering at this temple town as a part of Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s campaign tour.
"This means, sitting in Delhi, the Congress party has come to the conclusion that it is going to be wiped out in Gujarat," Irani said.
In 2007 Rahul Gandhi had campaigned extensively in Gujarat, but this time it is still not decided whether he would campaign. The election schedule is yet to be announced.
Modi also attacked the Gandhi family on the second day of his campaign `yatra`. In a dig at Congress`s slogan `Change the direction to change your condition`, Modi said Congress`s direction was of "dynasty rule".
"Only one family gets importance.... If they make someone Prime Minister, he has to go to the family before taking any decision," he said.
"Congress`s `direction` is of nepotism, spreading communalism, divisive politics and not fulfilling promises. We do not want that in Gujarat."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened