Congress already accepted defeat in Guj: BJP
Unai (Gujarat): As uncertainty prevails over whether Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi would campaign in Gujarat for the coming Assembly polls, BJP today said it showed that the Congress leadership in Delhi was resigned to the prospect of defeat.
"I have heard from senior journalists....Rahul Gandhi is not going to campaign in Gujarat elections," BJP women wing president and MP Smruti Irani said, addressing a gathering at this temple town as a part of Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s campaign tour.
"This means, sitting in Delhi, the Congress party has come to the conclusion that it is going to be wiped out in Gujarat," Irani said.
In 2007 Rahul Gandhi had campaigned extensively in Gujarat, but this time it is still not decided whether he would campaign. The election schedule is yet to be announced.
Modi also attacked the Gandhi family on the second day of his campaign `yatra`. In a dig at Congress`s slogan `Change the direction to change your condition`, Modi said Congress`s direction was of "dynasty rule".
"Only one family gets importance.... If they make someone Prime Minister, he has to go to the family before taking any decision," he said.
"Congress`s `direction` is of nepotism, spreading communalism, divisive politics and not fulfilling promises. We do not want that in Gujarat."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark