Congress calls Modi a ‘political terrorist`
Surat: Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Arjun Modhwadia on Sunday called state Chief Minister Narendra Modi a political "terrorist".
"Modi is a terrorist in the political arena," Modhwadia said when asked to react to the speech made by Modi at the state BJP`s executive meeting at Rajkot, where he had criticised the Congress-led UPA government in the Centre.
Modhwadia is here to attend a public meeting late in the evening. He said that Modi was afraid of his arch rival Sanjay Joshi, and that was the reason he put immense pressure on the BJP leadership and got Joshi removed.
The war of words between ruling BJP and opposition Congress has intensified ahead of December 2012 Assembly polls.
The Congress has been criticising Modi for his dictatorial ways.
At Rajkot, Modi said UPA had disappointed the people as a result of scams, corruption and rising prices, and added that "Congress ship is sinking".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown