Congress can`t win by misusing institutions: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi o Thursday said Congress should stop "misusing" constitutional institutions such as CBI.
"Congress should see the clear writing on the wall. You will not succeed in capturing the country by misusing CBI. Stop misusing constitutional institutions like CBI," Modi said at a function, where a large group of Youth Congress and NSUI workers joined BJP.
"Today people have lost faith in Delhi....In coming days we have by-elections in the state and next year there will be general elections. Congress will pay the price for its misdeeds then," he said.
Bye-elections to four Assembly and two Lok Sabha seats in the state would be held on June 2.
"I am warning you. Stop harassing your opponents by threatening to put them behind bars. You may have the power to harass, but we have ability to sustain such harassment," Modi said.
To the new entrants, he said, "I can imagine your grief when you have to leave a party for which you have toiled.... let me assure you that BJP is not a party only for membership, it is also a party of relationship....This (workers quitting) is a slap on the face of Congress."
Recently one of the national delegates of National Students` Union of India (NSUI), Hardik Dodia, was suspended from the organisation for alleged anti-party activities.
Dodia, along with other Youth Congress and NSUI workers quit Congress and today 65 office bearers of Youth congress, NSUI and other student organisations were called to the stage where Modi congratulated them on entering BJP. BJP leader Narhari Amin - a former Congressman - claimed that 5,000 NSUI and Youth Congress workers joined BJP today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand