Congress files complaint against Modi government for breach of poll code
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Monday filed a complaint with the State Election Commission alleging that Narendra Modi Government has violated the Model Code of Conduct for elections.
In a written complaint filed with Chief Election Officer Anita Karval, Congress alleged that the state government breached the code of conduct by distributing booklets which prominently display pictures of Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Urban Development Minister Nitin Patel.
"It is a gross and blatant violation of the Code as the booklets comprising pictures of chief minister and the minister were printed by the Narmada, Water Resources, Water Conservation and Kalpsar Department of the State of Gujarat," Congress spokesperson Manish Doshi said.
The Opposition party has also alleged that the booklets, distributed in all districts of Saurashtra region on October 12, "boasts" about the implementation of Narmada Irrigation Project for the benefit of the region.
"The said booklets name a project `Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation Yojana`, whereby it was declared that the chief minister has now implemented the said scheme with the estimated cost of Rs 10,000 crore," Doshi said.
"Though the booklets were printed by the government press at the cost of public exchequer, the same were distributed through the district units of BJP. This is nothing but the use of governmental resources by state BJP for its own propaganda," the spokesperson said.
Assembly polls will be held in Gujarat on December 13 and 17 and counting of votes on December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- No more secret! Newspaper says it uncovered KFC`s secret recipe
- Delhi: Driver held for creating girls' fake social media profiles
- Eng vs Pak, 1st ODI: Azhar Ali leads from front as England restrict Pakistan for 260/6
- Active parent involvement reduces obesity risk in children: Study
- Kashmir unrest: One more killed in protests; Rajnath Singh meets political leaders