Congress has habit of cheating people: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday again targeted Congress for "cheating" the people by falsely promising various dole-outs like free electricity power to farmers.
"If somebody commits a mistake, the people forgive him but can the people forgive those who cheat?" Modi said at a rally organised by Dholera BJP unit to felicitate him on the state`s decision to create new taluka of Dholera.
"Congress is known for cheating the people. Congress promised free power to the farmers of Maharashtra but after four years in power, nothing of that sort has happened," Modi said.
"They in 2009 promised to bring down prices in 100 days but prices have only gone up. Is this not cheating?"
"Congress cheats their own workers as well. The party told their workers that there will be early elections (in Gujarat) but that did not happen. After that they said they will come out with the list of candidates by May 1 and that was later extended to August 15, but still the list has not come out," Modi said.
Modi also criticised Gujarat Congress`s poll promise to give land to the poor and middle-class rural women and cheap houses to urban poor and middle-class women.
"They are distributing papers (forms for registration for house and plot schemes), but my government believes in concrete work," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report