Congress has habit of cheating people: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday again targeted Congress for "cheating" the people by falsely promising various dole-outs like free electricity power to farmers.
"If somebody commits a mistake, the people forgive him but can the people forgive those who cheat?" Modi said at a rally organised by Dholera BJP unit to felicitate him on the state`s decision to create new taluka of Dholera.
"Congress is known for cheating the people. Congress promised free power to the farmers of Maharashtra but after four years in power, nothing of that sort has happened," Modi said.
"They in 2009 promised to bring down prices in 100 days but prices have only gone up. Is this not cheating?"
"Congress cheats their own workers as well. The party told their workers that there will be early elections (in Gujarat) but that did not happen. After that they said they will come out with the list of candidates by May 1 and that was later extended to August 15, but still the list has not come out," Modi said.
Modi also criticised Gujarat Congress`s poll promise to give land to the poor and middle-class rural women and cheap houses to urban poor and middle-class women.
"They are distributing papers (forms for registration for house and plot schemes), but my government believes in concrete work," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi