Congress is responsible for partition of India: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Kheda: Going full-throttle against the Congress party and hitting out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday that the Congress was responsible for the partition of the country.
Taking on the PM he said, "India has lost land to China under Manmohan Singh," adding, "Part of India which went to China happened during your government (Congress) and that of your predecessors."
He also accused the Congress for partition of the country and said, "I ask the PM. Your birth place was part of India. Now it is part of Pakistan. Who changed this geography Mr PM? Who broke up this nation?"
Further attacking the PM, the BJP`s PM candidate for 2014 General Elections said, "You (PM) promised to give money to make road of Dandi a heritage road, but you did not give that money." "Six months ago PM wrote letter to me and said it will be better if we altered path of Dandi road by 30 kms. So who is changing geography here," he asked.
Modi did not stop here. He put a direct question to the Congress and asked, "In 1857 Hindus and Muslims fought together, but you all named it a revolt. Why is it still named as `revolt` in textbooks?"
Reminding the Congress that it had never given much importance to India`s first Home Minister Sardar Patel, Modi said that Jawahar Lal Nehru had got Bharat Ratna in his lifetime and so did India`s former PM Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi had got the award soon after he was assassinated. However, Modi said that Patel was awarded the Bharat Ratna 35 years after his death.
"Patel united the country but what did the Congress do. They forgot him for one family," he said.
Modi also lashed at the PM for not talking about price rise and corruption during his rally in Chhattisgarh yesterday.
Gujarat CM was speaking at the inauguration of a multi-speciality hospital at Galteshwar, Kheda in Gujarat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata