Congress` kicks off `Sadachar yatra’ to halt Narendra Modi`s Delhi march
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Further intensifying its 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the Gujarat Congress on Tuesday launched ‘Sadachar yatra’ that will cover 41 districts of the BJP-ruled state.
According to reports, Congress` `Sadachar yatra’ will take place in five phases and cover nearly 5000 kms, passing through 41 districts of the state.
The Sadachar yatra, beginning today will conclude on Jan 23.
State party president Arjun Modhwadia will lead Porbandar-Bhavnagar route, which will cover 1470 km route through Junagadh, Gir Somnath and Amreli. This part of yatra will start on 7 January.
Shaktisinh Gohil will lead the yatra on Naliya-Rajkot route covering 1115 distance through Kutch, Morbi, Jamnagar and Rajkot districts. This part of yatra will start on 8 January.
Tharad-Vadodara route covering 1116 km distance through Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Mahisagar, Dahod, Panchmahal, Chhota Udepur, Vadodara will be led by Siddharth Patel.
A yatra on 745 km long Varahi,Mehsana,Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Kheda, Anand, Vadodara, Bharuch route will be led by Shankersinh Vaghela who will be joined by Bharatsinh Solanki, Dinsha Patel and other leaders in some districts.
Dr. Tushar Chaudhary will lead Umargam-Surat yatra covering 490 km distance through Valsad, Dang, Tapi and Surat. This yatra will begin on 19 January.
Local MLA, MPs, district/taluka panchayat leaders, corporation leaders, elected members, sarpanch, cooperative leaders and NGO will participate in this yatra.
Meanwhile, the youth wing of Congress ia also set to begin a 800-km-long `Vikas Shodh Yatra` across Gujarat aiming to "expose" development claims of BJP`s poll mascot Narendra Modi.
Youth Congress` `Vikas Shodh Yatra` will commence from January 16.
The youth wing of Congress has lined up a number of programmes to expose the "double standards" of BJP on the issue of corruption and its Prime Ministerial candidate Modi`s "tall claims of development in Gujarat," IYC National President Rajiv Satav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon