Congress` kicks off `Sadachar yatra’ to halt Narendra Modi`s Delhi march
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Further intensifying its 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the Gujarat Congress on Tuesday launched ‘Sadachar yatra’ that will cover 41 districts of the BJP-ruled state.
According to reports, Congress` `Sadachar yatra’ will take place in five phases and cover nearly 5000 kms, passing through 41 districts of the state.
The Sadachar yatra, beginning today will conclude on Jan 23.
State party president Arjun Modhwadia will lead Porbandar-Bhavnagar route, which will cover 1470 km route through Junagadh, Gir Somnath and Amreli. This part of yatra will start on 7 January.
Shaktisinh Gohil will lead the yatra on Naliya-Rajkot route covering 1115 distance through Kutch, Morbi, Jamnagar and Rajkot districts. This part of yatra will start on 8 January.
Tharad-Vadodara route covering 1116 km distance through Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Mahisagar, Dahod, Panchmahal, Chhota Udepur, Vadodara will be led by Siddharth Patel.
A yatra on 745 km long Varahi,Mehsana,Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Kheda, Anand, Vadodara, Bharuch route will be led by Shankersinh Vaghela who will be joined by Bharatsinh Solanki, Dinsha Patel and other leaders in some districts.
Dr. Tushar Chaudhary will lead Umargam-Surat yatra covering 490 km distance through Valsad, Dang, Tapi and Surat. This yatra will begin on 19 January.
Local MLA, MPs, district/taluka panchayat leaders, corporation leaders, elected members, sarpanch, cooperative leaders and NGO will participate in this yatra.
Meanwhile, the youth wing of Congress ia also set to begin a 800-km-long `Vikas Shodh Yatra` across Gujarat aiming to "expose" development claims of BJP`s poll mascot Narendra Modi.
Youth Congress` `Vikas Shodh Yatra` will commence from January 16.
The youth wing of Congress has lined up a number of programmes to expose the "double standards" of BJP on the issue of corruption and its Prime Ministerial candidate Modi`s "tall claims of development in Gujarat," IYC National President Rajiv Satav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state