Congress leaders meet Bhatt`s family
Ahmedabad: Congress leaders Shaktisinh
Gohil and Narhari Amin on Sunday visited family of suspended IPS
officer Sanjiv Bhatt who was arrested on Friday for allegedly
threatening a constable and fabricating evidence.
"I and leader of the opposition Shaktisinh Gohil had
gone to meet Bhatt`s family and extended our support and
sympathies to them," former Gujarat deputy chief minister
Narhari Amin said.
"We have a family like relations with the Bhatts for
so many years. It is unfortunate that a serving IPS officer is
treated like this," he said.
More than 40 policemen descened on Bhatt`s house to
search the premises on Friday evening, what kind of treatment
was this, Amin asked.
"This shows that they are acting directly under the
chief minister (Narendra Modi`s) orders," he said.
The two Congress leaders stayed there for over 20
minutes and assured Bhatt`s family of full support.
Bhatt was arrested on Friday on the basis of an FIR
filed against him by Police Constable K D Pant for allegedly
threatening him and making him sign a false affidavit with
regard to a meeting called by Chief Minister Narendra Modi on
February 27, 2002, hours after the Godhra train carnage.
Bhatt is presently lodged in Sabarmati Central jail
here where he was posted as Jail Superintendent in November
2003 after a magistrate yesterday rejected the police plea for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY