Congress leaders meet Bhatt`s family
Ahmedabad: Congress leaders Shaktisinh
Gohil and Narhari Amin on Sunday visited family of suspended IPS
officer Sanjiv Bhatt who was arrested on Friday for allegedly
threatening a constable and fabricating evidence.
"I and leader of the opposition Shaktisinh Gohil had
gone to meet Bhatt`s family and extended our support and
sympathies to them," former Gujarat deputy chief minister
Narhari Amin said.
"We have a family like relations with the Bhatts for
so many years. It is unfortunate that a serving IPS officer is
treated like this," he said.
More than 40 policemen descened on Bhatt`s house to
search the premises on Friday evening, what kind of treatment
was this, Amin asked.
"This shows that they are acting directly under the
chief minister (Narendra Modi`s) orders," he said.
The two Congress leaders stayed there for over 20
minutes and assured Bhatt`s family of full support.
Bhatt was arrested on Friday on the basis of an FIR
filed against him by Police Constable K D Pant for allegedly
threatening him and making him sign a false affidavit with
regard to a meeting called by Chief Minister Narendra Modi on
February 27, 2002, hours after the Godhra train carnage.
Bhatt is presently lodged in Sabarmati Central jail
here where he was posted as Jail Superintendent in November
2003 after a magistrate yesterday rejected the police plea for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa