Congress MLA alleges threat from BJP MP
Rajkot: The Congress MLA from Kodinar in Junagadh district has written to the Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla, seeking police protection, because of alleged harassment and threats from BJP`s Junagadh MP, Dinu Solanki.
Dheersinh Barad, the Congress MLA, alleges that his family members are being harassed by Kodinar police at the behest of Solanki.
Solanki could not be contacted for his reaction.
"I have been the main political and business hurdle for Solanki in Junagadh district. Solanki is using his power for harassing my family members as I have brought to light his illegal mining and other activities," the letter said.
"I have to seek police protection as I am getting threats frequently from the opposition."
On April 11, a complaint was lodged with Kodinar police against Barad`s nephew, Pintoo, for allegedly demanding Rs 25 lakh from Ahmedabad-based Virendra Dave, a ship-owner who wanted to break up his ship.
Dave alleged that Pintoo and his accomplices threatened him and demanded Rs 25 lakh for the job.
Barad said it was a fake complaint, lodged at Solanki`s instance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark