Congress MLA alleges threat from BJP MP
Rajkot: The Congress MLA from Kodinar in Junagadh district has written to the Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla, seeking police protection, because of alleged harassment and threats from BJP`s Junagadh MP, Dinu Solanki.
Dheersinh Barad, the Congress MLA, alleges that his family members are being harassed by Kodinar police at the behest of Solanki.
Solanki could not be contacted for his reaction.
"I have been the main political and business hurdle for Solanki in Junagadh district. Solanki is using his power for harassing my family members as I have brought to light his illegal mining and other activities," the letter said.
"I have to seek police protection as I am getting threats frequently from the opposition."
On April 11, a complaint was lodged with Kodinar police against Barad`s nephew, Pintoo, for allegedly demanding Rs 25 lakh from Ahmedabad-based Virendra Dave, a ship-owner who wanted to break up his ship.
Dave alleged that Pintoo and his accomplices threatened him and demanded Rs 25 lakh for the job.
Barad said it was a fake complaint, lodged at Solanki`s instance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah