Congress MLA alleges threat from BJP MP
Rajkot: The Congress MLA from Kodinar in Junagadh district has written to the Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla, seeking police protection, because of alleged harassment and threats from BJP`s Junagadh MP, Dinu Solanki.
Dheersinh Barad, the Congress MLA, alleges that his family members are being harassed by Kodinar police at the behest of Solanki.
Solanki could not be contacted for his reaction.
"I have been the main political and business hurdle for Solanki in Junagadh district. Solanki is using his power for harassing my family members as I have brought to light his illegal mining and other activities," the letter said.
"I have to seek police protection as I am getting threats frequently from the opposition."
On April 11, a complaint was lodged with Kodinar police against Barad`s nephew, Pintoo, for allegedly demanding Rs 25 lakh from Ahmedabad-based Virendra Dave, a ship-owner who wanted to break up his ship.
Dave alleged that Pintoo and his accomplices threatened him and demanded Rs 25 lakh for the job.
Barad said it was a fake complaint, lodged at Solanki`s instance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state