Congress MLA alleges threat from BJP MP
Rajkot: The Congress MLA from Kodinar in Junagadh district has written to the Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla, seeking police protection, because of alleged harassment and threats from BJP`s Junagadh MP, Dinu Solanki.
Dheersinh Barad, the Congress MLA, alleges that his family members are being harassed by Kodinar police at the behest of Solanki.
Solanki could not be contacted for his reaction.
"I have been the main political and business hurdle for Solanki in Junagadh district. Solanki is using his power for harassing my family members as I have brought to light his illegal mining and other activities," the letter said.
"I have to seek police protection as I am getting threats frequently from the opposition."
On April 11, a complaint was lodged with Kodinar police against Barad`s nephew, Pintoo, for allegedly demanding Rs 25 lakh from Ahmedabad-based Virendra Dave, a ship-owner who wanted to break up his ship.
Dave alleged that Pintoo and his accomplices threatened him and demanded Rs 25 lakh for the job.
Barad said it was a fake complaint, lodged at Solanki`s instance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read