Congress MLA alleges threat from BJP MP
Rajkot: The Congress MLA from Kodinar in Junagadh district has written to the Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla, seeking police protection, because of alleged harassment and threats from BJP`s Junagadh MP, Dinu Solanki.
Dheersinh Barad, the Congress MLA, alleges that his family members are being harassed by Kodinar police at the behest of Solanki.
Solanki could not be contacted for his reaction.
"I have been the main political and business hurdle for Solanki in Junagadh district. Solanki is using his power for harassing my family members as I have brought to light his illegal mining and other activities," the letter said.
"I have to seek police protection as I am getting threats frequently from the opposition."
On April 11, a complaint was lodged with Kodinar police against Barad`s nephew, Pintoo, for allegedly demanding Rs 25 lakh from Ahmedabad-based Virendra Dave, a ship-owner who wanted to break up his ship.
Dave alleged that Pintoo and his accomplices threatened him and demanded Rs 25 lakh for the job.
Barad said it was a fake complaint, lodged at Solanki`s instance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi