Congress MP writes to Narendra Modi seeking appointment of Lokayukta in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Congress MP from Gujarat Jagdish Thakor has written a letter to Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying that if he does not appoint Lokayukta, his image would take a beating.
"Prolonging the issue of Lokayukta appointment will taint your image, which I don`t like and that is why I have written a public letter to you," Thakor said.
Invoking former US president John F Kennedy`s famous quote `don`t ask what your country has done for you...,` Thakor asked, "What would you do as Gujarat Chief Minister to solve people`s problems and to rid the state of corruption and lack of administration?"
Thakor, who represents Patan in North Gujarat, requested Modi to appoint Justice (retd) R A Mehta as Lokayukta, leaving behind "ego" and political rivalry.
Mehta, whose appointment as Lokayukta was opposed by the Narendra Modi government, declined to assume the office earlier this month saying that the controversy had "denigrated" the office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH