Congress MP writes to Narendra Modi seeking appointment of Lokayukta in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Congress MP from Gujarat Jagdish Thakor has written a letter to Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying that if he does not appoint Lokayukta, his image would take a beating.
"Prolonging the issue of Lokayukta appointment will taint your image, which I don`t like and that is why I have written a public letter to you," Thakor said.
Invoking former US president John F Kennedy`s famous quote `don`t ask what your country has done for you...,` Thakor asked, "What would you do as Gujarat Chief Minister to solve people`s problems and to rid the state of corruption and lack of administration?"
Thakor, who represents Patan in North Gujarat, requested Modi to appoint Justice (retd) R A Mehta as Lokayukta, leaving behind "ego" and political rivalry.
Mehta, whose appointment as Lokayukta was opposed by the Narendra Modi government, declined to assume the office earlier this month saying that the controversy had "denigrated" the office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred