Congress-NCP rift in Gujarat to be discussed by central leaders
Ahmedabad: The issue of differences between Congress and its alliance partner NCP on seat-sharing in Gujarat for the Lok Sabha polls is likely to be discussed by the central leadership of both the parties soon.
"Praful Patel and (Congress president`s political secretary) Ahmed Patel will hold a meeting and take decision on whether the NCP-Congress alliance should continue," Gujarat NCP chief and MLA Jayant Patel said today.
"If no solution comes from the meeting, we will break the alliance here and field our candidates in all the 26 seats in the state," he told.
Local leaders of both the parties are reportedly not ready to compromise on their respective demands during the seat-sharing talks.
"The rift was because Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia was not willing to let us field our candidate from Porbandar," Patel said.
"We have decided to field Kandhal Jadeja (MLA from Kutiyana and son of deceased gangster `Godmother` Santokben Jadeja), but Arjunbhai was adamant on not fielding him," he said.
"Even a layman knows how strong a candidate Kandhal Jadeja is, then why Congress leaders are playing this game?," he asked.
Congress leader and spokesperson Shaktisinh Gohil said,"We are ready to give them three seats. We have offered them Porbandar. I had a talk with Arjunbhai yesterday on the issue," Gohil told.
"We can not declare right now whether the alliance will continue or not. There is nothing concrete right now," he said, adding, "We are waiting for their (NCP`s) feedback."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown