Congress-NCP rift in Gujarat to be discussed by central leaders
Ahmedabad: The issue of differences between Congress and its alliance partner NCP on seat-sharing in Gujarat for the Lok Sabha polls is likely to be discussed by the central leadership of both the parties soon.
"Praful Patel and (Congress president`s political secretary) Ahmed Patel will hold a meeting and take decision on whether the NCP-Congress alliance should continue," Gujarat NCP chief and MLA Jayant Patel said today.
"If no solution comes from the meeting, we will break the alliance here and field our candidates in all the 26 seats in the state," he told.
Local leaders of both the parties are reportedly not ready to compromise on their respective demands during the seat-sharing talks.
"The rift was because Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia was not willing to let us field our candidate from Porbandar," Patel said.
"We have decided to field Kandhal Jadeja (MLA from Kutiyana and son of deceased gangster `Godmother` Santokben Jadeja), but Arjunbhai was adamant on not fielding him," he said.
"Even a layman knows how strong a candidate Kandhal Jadeja is, then why Congress leaders are playing this game?," he asked.
Congress leader and spokesperson Shaktisinh Gohil said,"We are ready to give them three seats. We have offered them Porbandar. I had a talk with Arjunbhai yesterday on the issue," Gohil told.
"We can not declare right now whether the alliance will continue or not. There is nothing concrete right now," he said, adding, "We are waiting for their (NCP`s) feedback."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state