Congress plays down industrialists` praise of Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed suggestions that encomiums from top industrialists to Narendra Modi at the "Vibrant Gujarat" meet showed that acceptability of the controversial Chief Minister is increasing at the national level.
"Vibrant Gujarat? is an investment summit where all industrialists are invited to invest in the state. This sort of summit is held in other states also where Chief Ministers of respective state are praised", party spokesman Sandeep Dikshit told reporters.
Rejecting suggestions that it showed the possibility of wider acceptability of Modi, Dikshit remarked "if you read the statements of the industrialists in any state, almost every CM is glorified when an event like this takes place".
Modi got a resounding endorsement from Indian and foreign industry bodies for his "grand vision" for development with Anil Ambani putting him in the league of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!