Congress plays down industrialists` praise of Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed suggestions that encomiums from top industrialists to Narendra Modi at the "Vibrant Gujarat" meet showed that acceptability of the controversial Chief Minister is increasing at the national level.
"Vibrant Gujarat? is an investment summit where all industrialists are invited to invest in the state. This sort of summit is held in other states also where Chief Ministers of respective state are praised", party spokesman Sandeep Dikshit told reporters.
Rejecting suggestions that it showed the possibility of wider acceptability of Modi, Dikshit remarked "if you read the statements of the industrialists in any state, almost every CM is glorified when an event like this takes place".
Modi got a resounding endorsement from Indian and foreign industry bodies for his "grand vision" for development with Anil Ambani putting him in the league of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi