Congress plays down industrialists` praise of Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed suggestions that encomiums from top industrialists to Narendra Modi at the "Vibrant Gujarat" meet showed that acceptability of the controversial Chief Minister is increasing at the national level.
"Vibrant Gujarat? is an investment summit where all industrialists are invited to invest in the state. This sort of summit is held in other states also where Chief Ministers of respective state are praised", party spokesman Sandeep Dikshit told reporters.
Rejecting suggestions that it showed the possibility of wider acceptability of Modi, Dikshit remarked "if you read the statements of the industrialists in any state, almost every CM is glorified when an event like this takes place".
Modi got a resounding endorsement from Indian and foreign industry bodies for his "grand vision" for development with Anil Ambani putting him in the league of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore