Congress plays down industrialists` praise of Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Congress on Friday dismissed suggestions that encomiums from top industrialists to Narendra Modi at the "Vibrant Gujarat" meet showed that acceptability of the controversial Chief Minister is increasing at the national level.
"Vibrant Gujarat? is an investment summit where all industrialists are invited to invest in the state. This sort of summit is held in other states also where Chief Ministers of respective state are praised", party spokesman Sandeep Dikshit told reporters.
Rejecting suggestions that it showed the possibility of wider acceptability of Modi, Dikshit remarked "if you read the statements of the industrialists in any state, almost every CM is glorified when an event like this takes place".
Modi got a resounding endorsement from Indian and foreign industry bodies for his "grand vision" for development with Anil Ambani putting him in the league of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says