Congress questions Guj govt response in `snoopgate` case
New Delhi: Keeping up its attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over the Snoopgate issue, Congress on Thursday wondered why no FIR had been filed in the case despite the matter being of a serious nature.
Congress spokesman Bhakta Charan Das told reporters that the Gujarat government had reacted in a different manner in the present case as compared to its stand in such matters in the past.
The remarks were in an apparent reference to the arrests made by Delhi Police in the case involving the illegal gleaning of Call Detail Records of BJP`s Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley.
Das, meanwhile, also criticised Delhi BJP leader Vijay Jolly for the protest outside the residence of Shoma Chaudhury, the former Tehelka Managing Editor.
Jolly had led the protest by BJP workers demanding that Chaudhury be immediately arrested for allegedly trying to cover up the sexual harassment charges which have been levelled against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal by a woman journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman