Congress questions Guj govt response in `snoopgate` case
New Delhi: Keeping up its attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over the Snoopgate issue, Congress on Thursday wondered why no FIR had been filed in the case despite the matter being of a serious nature.
Congress spokesman Bhakta Charan Das told reporters that the Gujarat government had reacted in a different manner in the present case as compared to its stand in such matters in the past.
The remarks were in an apparent reference to the arrests made by Delhi Police in the case involving the illegal gleaning of Call Detail Records of BJP`s Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley.
Das, meanwhile, also criticised Delhi BJP leader Vijay Jolly for the protest outside the residence of Shoma Chaudhury, the former Tehelka Managing Editor.
Jolly had led the protest by BJP workers demanding that Chaudhury be immediately arrested for allegedly trying to cover up the sexual harassment charges which have been levelled against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal by a woman journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city