Congress questions Guj govt response in `snoopgate` case
New Delhi: Keeping up its attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over the Snoopgate issue, Congress on Thursday wondered why no FIR had been filed in the case despite the matter being of a serious nature.
Congress spokesman Bhakta Charan Das told reporters that the Gujarat government had reacted in a different manner in the present case as compared to its stand in such matters in the past.
The remarks were in an apparent reference to the arrests made by Delhi Police in the case involving the illegal gleaning of Call Detail Records of BJP`s Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley.
Das, meanwhile, also criticised Delhi BJP leader Vijay Jolly for the protest outside the residence of Shoma Chaudhury, the former Tehelka Managing Editor.
Jolly had led the protest by BJP workers demanding that Chaudhury be immediately arrested for allegedly trying to cover up the sexual harassment charges which have been levelled against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal by a woman journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured