Congress reminds Modi of the US` denial of visa
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday sought to deflate
BJP`s euphoria over a US Congressional report praising
Narendra Modi for good governance, saying the same United
States still continues to deny visa to the Gujarat Chief
"BJP has decided to extol a purported report by a US
think tank. They should also be cognizant that the same US
still continues to deny him a visa," Congress spokesperson
Manish Tewari told reporters here.
He was responding to a volley of questions on the US
Congressional report identifying Gujarat as perhaps the best
example of effective governance and impressive development in
India and showering praise on Modi, saying the state under
him has become a key driver of national economic growth.
Tewari also ridiculed L K Advani`s proposed yatra against
corruption and the fast being undertaken by Modi for peace,
harmony and unity in his state, indicating that these were
signs of a power struggle in the BJP ahead of 2014 Lok Sabha
"Neither the yatra is about corruption nor the fast is
about Sadbhavana. Both are attempting political positioning,"
"Both Advani and Modi are attempting political positioning
which is intrinsic to the BJP. It is apparent that lessons of
2004 and 2009 Lok Sabha polls are completely lost on BJP."
Taking a dig at the two BJP leaders, he said a "strange
phenomena" has enveloped the BJP as "an elder gentleman is on
a yatra and another gentleman on a fast.
"The last time, the elder gentleman had decided to go on
an yatra, it has assaulted the secular foundation of the
country. We still continue to pay the price after so many
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks