Congress says Shah`s resignation has come too late
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday said that the resignation of Gujarat junior Home Minister Amit Shah, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, has
come too late in the day.
"Since he was involved, he should have resigned much earlier and now that the chargesheet has been filed, he has put in his papers. This has come too late in the day," Rajiv Shukla, AICC coordinator for Gujarat, said.
On the BJP`s attack on the Congress and the Centre for allege misuse of CBI in the case, he said the investigation has been ordered by none other than the Supreme Court.
Shah`s resignation comes a day after CBI charged him with kidnapping and murder of alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kauser Bi in November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?