Congress says Shah`s resignation has come too late
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday said that the resignation of Gujarat junior Home Minister Amit Shah, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, has
come too late in the day.
"Since he was involved, he should have resigned much earlier and now that the chargesheet has been filed, he has put in his papers. This has come too late in the day," Rajiv Shukla, AICC coordinator for Gujarat, said.
On the BJP`s attack on the Congress and the Centre for allege misuse of CBI in the case, he said the investigation has been ordered by none other than the Supreme Court.
Shah`s resignation comes a day after CBI charged him with kidnapping and murder of alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kauser Bi in November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed