Congress says Shah`s resignation has come too late
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday said that the resignation of Gujarat junior Home Minister Amit Shah, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, has
come too late in the day.
"Since he was involved, he should have resigned much earlier and now that the chargesheet has been filed, he has put in his papers. This has come too late in the day," Rajiv Shukla, AICC coordinator for Gujarat, said.
On the BJP`s attack on the Congress and the Centre for allege misuse of CBI in the case, he said the investigation has been ordered by none other than the Supreme Court.
Shah`s resignation comes a day after CBI charged him with kidnapping and murder of alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kauser Bi in November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly