Congress says Shah`s resignation has come too late
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday said that the resignation of Gujarat junior Home Minister Amit Shah, an accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, has
come too late in the day.
"Since he was involved, he should have resigned much earlier and now that the chargesheet has been filed, he has put in his papers. This has come too late in the day," Rajiv Shukla, AICC coordinator for Gujarat, said.
On the BJP`s attack on the Congress and the Centre for allege misuse of CBI in the case, he said the investigation has been ordered by none other than the Supreme Court.
Shah`s resignation comes a day after CBI charged him with kidnapping and murder of alleged gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kauser Bi in November 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown