Congress takes a jibe as spouse of Gujarat minister to join AAP
New Delhi: Taking a dig at Narendra Modi over his close aide and Gujarat minister Anandiben Patel`s estranged husband joining AAP, Congress on Saturday wondered how people can trust him when family members of his ministers do not.
"Mafatlal, the husband of number-2 leader of BJP in Gujarat and Cabinet minister Anandiben Patel joins AAP.... How can people of India trust Modi when their own family members have lost it," Gujarat PCC chief Arjun Modhwadia said.
"Mafatlal Patel, the man who complained a number of times to Vajpayee & Advani... Is set to join AAP," tweeted Congress general secretary Shakeel Ahmed.
Mafatlal Patel married to senior minister in Modi government Anandiben Patel had been living separately from his wife for last 20 years.
He is said to have already met AAP leaders in Ahmedabad and could be joining AAP on Monday, Congress sources said.
Earlier, former BJP MLA Kanu Kalsariya, who had contested from Gariadhar seat in the 2012 Assembly Elections under the banner of `Sadbhavana Manch` and lost the election, joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the presence of its national executive member Dinesh Vaghela on January 1.
AAP claims to have registered 20,000 members offline and 50,000 members online across the state following the party`s spectacular showing in the Assembly elections in Delhi, where the party won 28 of the 70 seats.
In another tweet, Ahmed also targeted the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate recalling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s strong comments against Modi yesterday.
"I agree with PM`s observation that the man who presided & monitored the massacre of thousands of ppl will be a disastrous for India as PM," Ahmed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur