Congress to hold convention of Gujarat farmers tomorrow
Rajkot: Even as BJP MP from Porbandar Vitthal Radadiya is in the process of organising a farmers` convention to be held on September 23, the opposition Congress has decided to hold its own farmers` meet on Friday at Virani High School grounds.
Projecting the meet as "a convention for farmers` rights", Rajkot Congress MP Kunvarji Bavaliya said the BJP-led Gujarat government had no concern for farmers and therefore large number of farmers from the Saurashtra region have yet not received crop insurance.
"The BJP government has created confusion by giving false details to the insurance company, resulting in large number of farmers of the region not receiving their crop insurance amounts," he said.
He said that the Centre had already deposited funds worth Rs 600 crore in the insurance company`s account but due to the Gujarat government furnishing incomplete details to the insurance company, these funds could not been released from the insurance company.
"This government has been interested in handing out benefits to a few industrialists, ignoring farmers` problems," Rajkot`s Congress MLA Indranil Rajyaguru said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory