Convention of women farmers held in Vadodara
Vadodara: Women farmers from Gujarat have been appealed to engage in dairy business and not stuck to traditional agricultural practices alone at their state-level congregation here on Sunday.
The `Congregation of Women Farmers from Tribal Areas of Gujarat` was held jointly by Sajjata Sangh and Deepak Foundation.
Sajjata Sangh is a network of 31 civil society organisations (CSO) that work in around 8000 villages in rainfed and irrigation areas of the state.
Around 600 women farmers from tribal areas participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube