Convention of women farmers held in Vadodara
Vadodara: Women farmers from Gujarat have been appealed to engage in dairy business and not stuck to traditional agricultural practices alone at their state-level congregation here on Sunday.
The `Congregation of Women Farmers from Tribal Areas of Gujarat` was held jointly by Sajjata Sangh and Deepak Foundation.
Sajjata Sangh is a network of 31 civil society organisations (CSO) that work in around 8000 villages in rainfed and irrigation areas of the state.
Around 600 women farmers from tribal areas participated in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?