Court defers judgement on Babubhai Bokhiria in 2006 case
Rajkot: A local court in Porbandar on Monday deferred its verdict on senior Gujarat minister Babubhai Bokhiria`s sentence till April 4 in the Rs 54-crore illegal limestone mining case of 2006.
District judge I B Vaghela today deferred the judgement on technical grounds.
Babubhai Bokhiria, Agriculture and Water Resources Minister in the BJP government in Gujarat, was sentenced to three years of imprisonment along with his three partners Bharat Odedara, Bheema Odedara and Lakshman Odedara by the Chief Judicial Magistrate First Class in Porbandar in June last. The court had imposed a fine of Rs five thousand each on the four.
However, in July last year, Bokhiria got a stay from the Gujarat High Court and directed him to move the district court in Porbandar to appeal against the lower court`s verdict.
RTI activist Dilip Katariya had filed an application in Porbandar court on Saturday urging it to defer the judgement as Bokhiria has secured a stay from the high court against the conviction. The court considered Katariya`s appeal and reserved the verdict till April 4.
Manager of Saurashtra Chemical Company, Umesh Bhavsar had lodged a complaint against Bokhiria in this connection in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ