Court extends former Guj minister Amit Shah`s judicial custody
Ahmedabad: A special court on Wednesday extended the judicial custody of former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah, who is behind bars in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, till October 27.
He was produced before Special CBI Court Judge A Y Dave
via video conference after which his judicial custody was
Shah, an aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi,
was arrested on July 25 by CBI and charged with murder,
extortion and kidnapping in the 2005 fake encounter case. He
is lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail.
Sheikh, an alleged gangster, was killed on the city`s
outskirts in November, 2005 in a joint encounter by Gujarat
and Rajasthan Police. Later, his wife Kauser Bi was also
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'