Court extends former Guj minister Amit Shah`s judicial custody
Ahmedabad: A special court on Wednesday extended the judicial custody of former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah, who is behind bars in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, till October 27.
He was produced before Special CBI Court Judge A Y Dave
via video conference after which his judicial custody was
Shah, an aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi,
was arrested on July 25 by CBI and charged with murder,
extortion and kidnapping in the 2005 fake encounter case. He
is lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail.
Sheikh, an alleged gangster, was killed on the city`s
outskirts in November, 2005 in a joint encounter by Gujarat
and Rajasthan Police. Later, his wife Kauser Bi was also
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi