Court frames charges in Surat bomb planting case
Ahmedabad: A special court on Monday framed
charges against 64 accused in the Surat bomb planting case of
Hearing the case in a courtroom set up inside the high
security Sabarmati Jail, designated Judge Bela Trivedi framed
several charges against the key conspirators Abu Basher,
Safdar Nagori, Qayamuddin Kapadia, Sajid Mansuri and locals
Tanveer Pathan and Zahir Patel, among others.
As many as 29 live bombs were recovered from various
parts of the diamond city soon after serial blasts rocked
Ahmedabad on July 26, 2008, claiming 57 lives.
According to Special Public Prosecutor Mitesh Amin,
34 people were still absconding in the Surat case. These
include alleged masterminds Iqbal and Riyaz Bhatkal, Abdus
Subhan alias Tauqueer and their Pakistani handler Amir Raza
All the accused are allegedly linked to Indian Mujaheedin
They have been charged under the Unlawful Activities
(Prevention) Act, Explosive Substance Act, Damage to Public
Property Act, Information Technology Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal