Court frames charges in Surat bomb planting case
Ahmedabad: A special court on Monday framed
charges against 64 accused in the Surat bomb planting case of
Hearing the case in a courtroom set up inside the high
security Sabarmati Jail, designated Judge Bela Trivedi framed
several charges against the key conspirators Abu Basher,
Safdar Nagori, Qayamuddin Kapadia, Sajid Mansuri and locals
Tanveer Pathan and Zahir Patel, among others.
As many as 29 live bombs were recovered from various
parts of the diamond city soon after serial blasts rocked
Ahmedabad on July 26, 2008, claiming 57 lives.
According to Special Public Prosecutor Mitesh Amin,
34 people were still absconding in the Surat case. These
include alleged masterminds Iqbal and Riyaz Bhatkal, Abdus
Subhan alias Tauqueer and their Pakistani handler Amir Raza
All the accused are allegedly linked to Indian Mujaheedin
They have been charged under the Unlawful Activities
(Prevention) Act, Explosive Substance Act, Damage to Public
Property Act, Information Technology Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video