Court orders SIT to furnish complete documents to Zakia Jafri
Ahmedabad: A local court on Thursday directed the Special Investigation Team (SIT), which probed the complaint against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and others with regard to their alleged roles in 2002 riots, to furnish "complete and legible copies" of the documents to Zakia Jafri, the complainant in the case.
"SIT is directed to furnish the complete and legible copies of the documents, which it submitted with the (closure) report, to the complainant by September 7," Metropolitan Magistrate B J Ganatra said in his order on Jafri`s plea.
Court also directed SIT to file a detailed affidavit on the issue of documents it had collected during the probe.
Following the probe-closure report filed in February by SIT, Jafri -- whose husband and former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri died in the riots -- was provided with copies of final report and other documents including statements of witnesses, running into over 20,000 pages.
Jafri then filed an application, saying that several of the documents were illegible. She also demanded the copies of interim reports filed in the Supreme Court by SIT member A K Malhotra, and Chairman R K Raghvan`s comments on that interim report.
The court rejected this demand, but allowed Zakia an inspection of all the documents submitted by SIT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot