Court permits CBI to interrogate Shah
Ahmedabad: Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A I Raval on Monday granted
permission to the CBI to interrogate former Gujarat minister
Amit Shah in Sabarmati Jail between July 28 and 30 in
connection with Sohrabuddin encounter case.
Shah, facing murder and extortion charges in the fake
encounter case, was arrested yesterday and was sent to
judicial custody till August 7 by special CBI magistrate A Y
The proceedings will be video taped, as requested by defense, led by Ram Jethmalani.
According to the application filed in the CBI court
here, the central agency wants to interrogated Shah inside the
jail premises itself.
46-year-old Shah, who resigned from the Modi
government on Saturday after being chargesheeted by the CBI in
the case, has denied all the charges against him.
The chargesheet has named Shah as a key accused along
with IPS officers-D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian, M N Dinesh
and Abhay Chudasama. In all, 15 accused have been named.
According to the chargesheet, it was Shah who had
entrusted the task of eliminating Sheikh, an alleged gangster,
to Vanzara, Pandian and Chudasama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read