Court permits CBI to interrogate Shah
Ahmedabad: Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A I Raval on Monday granted
permission to the CBI to interrogate former Gujarat minister
Amit Shah in Sabarmati Jail between July 28 and 30 in
connection with Sohrabuddin encounter case.
Shah, facing murder and extortion charges in the fake
encounter case, was arrested yesterday and was sent to
judicial custody till August 7 by special CBI magistrate A Y
The proceedings will be video taped, as requested by defense, led by Ram Jethmalani.
According to the application filed in the CBI court
here, the central agency wants to interrogated Shah inside the
jail premises itself.
46-year-old Shah, who resigned from the Modi
government on Saturday after being chargesheeted by the CBI in
the case, has denied all the charges against him.
The chargesheet has named Shah as a key accused along
with IPS officers-D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian, M N Dinesh
and Abhay Chudasama. In all, 15 accused have been named.
According to the chargesheet, it was Shah who had
entrusted the task of eliminating Sheikh, an alleged gangster,
to Vanzara, Pandian and Chudasama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal