Court to hear arguments in complaint against Modi from June 12
Ahmedabad: A court here will hear from June 12 arguments on an application seeking registration of FIR against Prime Minister Narendra Modi for concealing his marital status in his affidavit filed during the 2012 Assembly Elections.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate MM Sheikh of Ahmedabad rural court today recorded the statement of AAP member Nishant Verma, who has sought registration of a first information report (FIR) and a police probe against Modi, and scheduled the arguments for June 12.
On May 21 Ahmedabad police`s crime branch had submitted a report saying Modi was not found to have committed any cognisable offence by leaving the column on marital status blank in his election affidavit in 2012.
Verma had earlier approached Ranip police station here and demanded registration of FIR against Modi. He also sought action against the Returning Officer of Maninanagar Assembly constituency, PK Jedeja. Police refused, so he moved the court seeking a direction to the police to do so.
Modi disclosed his marital status and the name of his wife (Jashodaben) for the first time in his affidavit accompanying the nomination for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat this year. Earlier when he had contested Gujarat assembly polls, he left the column on information about the spouse blank.
Verma wants FIR against Modi under IPC charges of giving a false statement, giving false evidence under oath, abetting, and cheating, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof