Court to take call on closure report: SIT chief
New Delhi: Terming its probe as a "good
job", chief of the Supreme Court-appointed SIT R K Raghavan
today said closure was recommended in post-Godhra Gulberg
massacre case as the team could not find evidence against the
people named in the petition including Gujarat Chief Minister
"We have filed the report saying no evidence on the
contents of a particular petition was available and
recommended the closure," Raghavan told reporters.
When asked whether this meant that all the persons named
in the petition which includes Modi are now "off the hook",
Raghavan said, "I don`t say that. It is for the court to
decide. I am not the master. Court has to take a view."
He said court has started initial proceedings by
directing the team to provide all the material to complainant
Zakia Jafri, widow of former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was
among 69 persons killed in the Gulberg society carnage.
Raghavan said the material would be provided within a
month after which the complainant could move to court and seek
On the reactions of activists including Teesta Seetalvad
terming the report as disappointment, he said, "It is their
perception and they are entitled to hold that perception".
About the divergent views taken by the amicus curiae Raju
Ramachandran and his team, former CBI Director Raghavan said
"it was a fact" but refused to go into further details.
He said court would review all the material submitted by
them and would take a point of view.
When asked whether he was satisfied with the probe, he
said, "Absolutely. I am very happy the way our officers have
worked. They are the men of integrity and very hard workers.
They have done a good job. We told facts to the court."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!