Crime Branch officials grilling Narayan Sai in Surat
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Surat: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu`s son Narayan Sai, who was arrested on Wednesday in Pipli, Haryana and brought to Delhi for identification, is now being questioned by Crime Branch officials of the Surat Police in connection with a sexual assault case filed against him.
Sai is also likely to be produced before a local court here later in the day in connection with the case.
Gujarat Police had yesterday secured a day`s transit remand from a Delhi court to take Narayan Sai into custody and produce him before a court in Surat in connection with the case.
Sai and four others arrived in Surat early this morning and were to be produced before the court reportedly around 11 am.
Sai, 40, who was arrested by the Crime Branch of Delhi Police, had been absconding for the past 58 days after two sisters from Surat filed rape complaints against his father and him.
Both alleged they were raped by the duo during their stay in the ashram in the mid-2000s.
Asaram Bapu, 72, is currently lodged in the Jodhpur Central Jail for sexually assaulting a girl, 16, in his Jodhpur ashram of Rajasthan in August. Asaram also played a cat-and-mouse game with the police before he was arrested from Indore September 1.
Metropolitan Magistrate Dheeraj Mor, who granted his transit remand to the Gujarat police yesterday, said. "I grant transit remand of Sai and three other accused for 24 hours which will start from 7 p.m."
However, the judge said he will sign the order sheet only if the Gujarat Police will produce the case diary and statements recorded against the accused persons.
While declining the plea of 40-year-old Sai seeking transit bail to appear before concerned court in Surat, the court said there are specific allegations against them and Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) of Surat has already issued warrants against them.
A special investigation team (SIT), also arrested Hanuman, Bhavika and two other accomplices of Narayan Sai, who were helping him avoid arrest for nearly two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow