Darda not off the hook yet for praising Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Congress MP Vijay Darda is not off the hook for his remarks purportedly in praise of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"As far as Vijay Darda is concerned, AICC in charge concerned has been asked to examine the facts. Once he is cognisant with the facts, the process, if at all it has to go further, will be decided," AICC spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters here.
Senior Congress leader Mohan Prakash is in-charge of party affairs in Maharashtra as well as Gujarat.
Darda, a Rajya Sabha MP from Maharashtra, had described Modi as a "lion" while praising his style of functioning at an award ceremony in Ahmedabad yesterday.
"Modi`s commitment and dedication towards work bears resemblance to that of a lion," Darda had said.
Modi had used the occasion to take a dig at the Congress saying that Darda may have to pay a price for his comments.
"Don`t assume anything," a senior Congress leader shot back when asked whether Darda will be given benefit of doubt.
At the same time he pointed out that the actual comments made by Darda were different from what he had seen on some news channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed