Darda not off the hook yet for praising Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Congress MP Vijay Darda is not off the hook for his remarks purportedly in praise of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"As far as Vijay Darda is concerned, AICC in charge concerned has been asked to examine the facts. Once he is cognisant with the facts, the process, if at all it has to go further, will be decided," AICC spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters here.
Senior Congress leader Mohan Prakash is in-charge of party affairs in Maharashtra as well as Gujarat.
Darda, a Rajya Sabha MP from Maharashtra, had described Modi as a "lion" while praising his style of functioning at an award ceremony in Ahmedabad yesterday.
"Modi`s commitment and dedication towards work bears resemblance to that of a lion," Darda had said.
Modi had used the occasion to take a dig at the Congress saying that Darda may have to pay a price for his comments.
"Don`t assume anything," a senior Congress leader shot back when asked whether Darda will be given benefit of doubt.
At the same time he pointed out that the actual comments made by Darda were different from what he had seen on some news channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics