Darda not off the hook yet for praising Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Congress MP Vijay Darda is not off the hook for his remarks purportedly in praise of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"As far as Vijay Darda is concerned, AICC in charge concerned has been asked to examine the facts. Once he is cognisant with the facts, the process, if at all it has to go further, will be decided," AICC spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters here.
Senior Congress leader Mohan Prakash is in-charge of party affairs in Maharashtra as well as Gujarat.
Darda, a Rajya Sabha MP from Maharashtra, had described Modi as a "lion" while praising his style of functioning at an award ceremony in Ahmedabad yesterday.
"Modi`s commitment and dedication towards work bears resemblance to that of a lion," Darda had said.
Modi had used the occasion to take a dig at the Congress saying that Darda may have to pay a price for his comments.
"Don`t assume anything," a senior Congress leader shot back when asked whether Darda will be given benefit of doubt.
At the same time he pointed out that the actual comments made by Darda were different from what he had seen on some news channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!