Darda`s remarks: Congress seeks report from Gujarat in-charge
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday indicated that its MP Vijay Darda could face trouble with the party high command for his remarks praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Let us ascertain the facts from the in-charge of party affairs in the state. Only then it could be seen what could be done," AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi told PTI when asked whether Darda could face action.
Senior Congress leader Mohan Prakash is in-charge of party affairs in Maharashtra as well as Gujarat.
Darda, a Rajya Sabha MP from Maharashtra, described Modi as a "tiger" while praising his style of functioning at a award ceremony in Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note