Did RSS snub Narendra Modi?
Ahmedabad: There is a speculation about the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) giving a cold shoulder to Narendra Modi after it failed to invite the Gujarat Chief Minister to its special meeting in Vadodara held from September 07 to 09.
According to reports, Modi was keen to call on senior RSS leaders but the invite never came.
"There was a request for a meeting from the side of chief minister but it was politely denied," RSS sources said.
Sources said Modi had made it clear that he wanted to meet the top brass of the Sangh, but the RSS decided against inviting the CM and for that matter, any other BJP leader.
The RSS decision has triggered speculation that not all is well between the Sangh and Modi.
The aim of the RSS meeting was to chalk out future strategy.
RSS sources said the meeting, which is held only once in two to three years, discussed various issues including 2014 General Elections.
RSS top leaders, including Mohan Bhagwat and others, spent two days at Kayavarohan which is about 100 kms from the state capital of Gandhinagar.
Modi, of late, is increasingly facing heat from Sangh Parivar outfits. The VHP had issued statements criticising Modi government for its handling of the 2002 riots cases.
RSS is also not happy with Modi as he had tried to stall the parent organisation`s effort to strike a compromise between him and former chief minister Keshubhai Patel.
Top RSS functionary Suresh Soni, in a secret operation, had come to Ahmedabad before Patel announced formation of his own party -- Gujarat Parivartan Party. Soni had a series of meetings with Patel and Modi separately and tried to persuade them to strike a compromise but the attempt did not succeed, sources said.
RSS Gujarat prachar pramukh (media head) Pradeep Jain said, "This was (meeting at Kayavarohan) totally a RSS function for which only top leadership of the organisation was invited. Nobody else was invited."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport