Did Soniaji’s trip to US prompt the decision on FDI, asks Narendra Modi
Surajkund: BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched a sharp attack on the UPA government, accusing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of working for the benefit of "foreigners".
Taking a jibe at the Prime Minister, Modi compared him to a Hindi film character "Singham", asking as to why he became bold only to benefit foreign countries.
"Mister Prime Minister, the country wants to know - in eight years, you have become Singham twice, once when there was the nuclear treaty with the US, and the second time on the FDI issue," Modi said.
"Both the instances benefit foreigners, why doesn`t he become Singham for India?" he questioned.
He also said that on both occasions, polls were about to be held in the US.
"What is the reason behind the PM becoming active when there are polls in the US? Is there a connection?" he questioned.
Modi also attacked Congress president Sonia Gandhi, questioning if her recent visit to the US had an effect on the decision.
"Did Soniaji`s trip to the US affect the decision on FDI?" he asked.
According to Congress spokespersons, Sonia Gandhi was in the US for a week in the beginning of September to get her health checkup done. She underwent a surgery for an ailment in the US last year.
Modi also accused Sonia Gandhi of being involved in every scam in the country.
- DNA: India's losses due to AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Security beefed in Manipur areas after three murders
- Ability to smell food through mouth may decline with age
- Transplantation along highways could be linked to NREGA: Minister
- 8 die of sunstroke as heat wave continues in Odisha
- IPL 2016, Match 23: Chris Morris' 82 off 32 not enough for Delhi; Gujarat win by 1 run