Did Soniaji’s trip to US prompt the decision on FDI, asks Narendra Modi
Surajkund: BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched a sharp attack on the UPA government, accusing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of working for the benefit of "foreigners".
Taking a jibe at the Prime Minister, Modi compared him to a Hindi film character "Singham", asking as to why he became bold only to benefit foreign countries.
"Mister Prime Minister, the country wants to know - in eight years, you have become Singham twice, once when there was the nuclear treaty with the US, and the second time on the FDI issue," Modi said.
"Both the instances benefit foreigners, why doesn`t he become Singham for India?" he questioned.
He also said that on both occasions, polls were about to be held in the US.
"What is the reason behind the PM becoming active when there are polls in the US? Is there a connection?" he questioned.
Modi also attacked Congress president Sonia Gandhi, questioning if her recent visit to the US had an effect on the decision.
"Did Soniaji`s trip to the US affect the decision on FDI?" he asked.
According to Congress spokespersons, Sonia Gandhi was in the US for a week in the beginning of September to get her health checkup done. She underwent a surgery for an ailment in the US last year.
Modi also accused Sonia Gandhi of being involved in every scam in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why