Did Soniaji’s trip to US prompt the decision on FDI, asks Narendra Modi
Surajkund: BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched a sharp attack on the UPA government, accusing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of working for the benefit of "foreigners".
Taking a jibe at the Prime Minister, Modi compared him to a Hindi film character "Singham", asking as to why he became bold only to benefit foreign countries.
"Mister Prime Minister, the country wants to know - in eight years, you have become Singham twice, once when there was the nuclear treaty with the US, and the second time on the FDI issue," Modi said.
"Both the instances benefit foreigners, why doesn`t he become Singham for India?" he questioned.
He also said that on both occasions, polls were about to be held in the US.
"What is the reason behind the PM becoming active when there are polls in the US? Is there a connection?" he questioned.
Modi also attacked Congress president Sonia Gandhi, questioning if her recent visit to the US had an effect on the decision.
"Did Soniaji`s trip to the US affect the decision on FDI?" he asked.
According to Congress spokespersons, Sonia Gandhi was in the US for a week in the beginning of September to get her health checkup done. She underwent a surgery for an ailment in the US last year.
Modi also accused Sonia Gandhi of being involved in every scam in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA