Did Soniaji’s trip to US prompt the decision on FDI, asks Narendra Modi
Surajkund: BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched a sharp attack on the UPA government, accusing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of working for the benefit of "foreigners".
Taking a jibe at the Prime Minister, Modi compared him to a Hindi film character "Singham", asking as to why he became bold only to benefit foreign countries.
"Mister Prime Minister, the country wants to know - in eight years, you have become Singham twice, once when there was the nuclear treaty with the US, and the second time on the FDI issue," Modi said.
"Both the instances benefit foreigners, why doesn`t he become Singham for India?" he questioned.
He also said that on both occasions, polls were about to be held in the US.
"What is the reason behind the PM becoming active when there are polls in the US? Is there a connection?" he questioned.
Modi also attacked Congress president Sonia Gandhi, questioning if her recent visit to the US had an effect on the decision.
"Did Soniaji`s trip to the US affect the decision on FDI?" he asked.
According to Congress spokespersons, Sonia Gandhi was in the US for a week in the beginning of September to get her health checkup done. She underwent a surgery for an ailment in the US last year.
Modi also accused Sonia Gandhi of being involved in every scam in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali