Digvijay invokes `Ramayana` to take dig at Modi`s 3-D blitz
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday invoked `Ramayana` to take a dig at the 3-D extravaganza launched by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the run-up to the Assembly Elections.
"The 3-D campaign was something under which if anyone spoke in one place his voice can be heard in ten places. Even in mythological Ramayana there was one character who had ten faces," Singh said without naming Modi.
He was interacting with reporters at his residence here this morning.
Tech-savvy Modi had scored a first when he launched his election campaign for the upcoming Assembly polls by addressing rallies in four cities simultaneously.
In his speech last Sunday, telecast on specially erected screens in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat with the help of 3D holographic technology and satellite link-ups, Modi, who spoke from a studio in Gandhinagar, took on the Congress for comparing him to a `monkey` and `rats`.
Hailing the Aadhar-based direct cash transfer scheme, Singh said the UPA government had launched a number of schemes for the welfare and benefit of the poor.
"Earlier only an MLA or MP could ask a question but now entire 120 crore population of the country can ask questions to government," Singh said referring to the RTI Act.
Replying to a query on BJP giving ticket to former Gujarat minister of state for Home and accused in Tulsi Prajapati and Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter cases Amit Shah for the Assembly Elections, Singh told the reporter that "it was enough that you think of him as a history-sheeter".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum