Digvijay slams Modi again, says Gujarat has highest debt liabilities
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Renewing his attack against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on the state`s development model, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh hit out at the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate pointing out that Gujarat has one of the highest debt liabilities.
Singh on Friday tweeted on the micro-blogging site Twitter demanding that the “Gujarat model of development must come in public domain.”
“Gujarat Govt has highest per capita Debt Liability which means every citizen of Gujarat has more debt to pay than citizen of any other State (sic),” Singh tweeted.
Singh, who has previously launched numerous scathing attacks on Modi questioning his model of development, wrote on Twitter, “Modi has the guts to say "Meine Gujarat ka karz utar diya ab Desh ka karz utarna hai" Another indicator of Gujarat Model of Development! (sic)”
He further went on to say, “Would Modi Acolytes pl (please) respond? Yes they would with more "Galis" No issue. Gujarat Model of Development must come in public domain (sic).”
Singh, a known detractor of Modi, has constantly attacked Modi accusing him of telling fake number about the development of Gujarat.
Talking to reporters, Singh said that he in the next 10 to 12 days will tweet more about the stats and will reveal more on Gujarat`s development.
Singh also said that in terms of total Foreign Direct Investment in the country Gujarat stands fifth when compared to other states.
The Congress General Secretary yesterday had tweeted, "Gujarat Model of Development has been trumpeted by Modi Acolytes.I am going to put some facts sourced from Planning Commission ,one each day. (sic)"
Meanwhile, the BJP while lauding its prime ministerial candidate`s development work said that these are desperate attempt by Singh to blame the Modi government.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar on Friday said that both the Congress and Digvijay cannot reject that Gujarat has progressed so much that they are coming up with flimsy claims.
Javedkar pointed out that the Congress party`s borrowing has multiplied in last ten years and questioned the development work done in the Congress party ruling states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!