Dipda Darwaza riot case: SIT files appeal in Gujarat HC
Ahmedabad: A Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Friday moved the Gujarat High Court against a special court`s judgement in a 2002 riot case in which 11 members of a family, nine of them women and children, were killed.
The judgement in the Deepda Darwaza riot case was delivered on July 30, 2012.
Designated Judge SC Srivastava had awarded life imprisonment to 21 people, a year in jail to a retired police officer and acquitted 61 other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker